- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
- Wednesday 3
- Thursday 4
- Friday 5
- Saturday 6
- Sunday 7
Orlando Pirates vs Al Ahly Benghazi Predictions & Tips - Defensively strong Pirates to beat poor travelers Al Ahly
- Orlando Pirates vs Al Ahly Benghazi Predictions for Sunday’s CAF Confederations Cup match
- Match is being played at 16:00 GMT at Stadium
- Pirates have won 8 and drawn 3 of their last 12 matches
- Benghazi have lost 3 of their last 4 away games in this competition
- A Pirates is tipped in Soweto
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Orlando Pirates vs Al Ahly Benghazi
Pirates backed to win at home (Getty Images)
Orlando Pirates vs Al Ahly Benghazi Predictions
Pirates are in very strong defensive form and have lost just one of their last 12 matches with eight wins. Benghazi are poor travellers and have been leaking goals galore in their away matches. I am tipping a home win for Pirates.
- Orlando Pirates have won 8 of their last 12 matches (3 draws) (all competitions).
- Orlando Pirates have kept 8 clean sheets in their last 12 matches (all competitions).
- Orlando Pirates have seen under 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 12 matches (all competitions).
- Al Ahly Benghazi have lost 3 of their last 4 away matches (CAF Confederations Cup).
- Al Ahly Benghazi have conceded 16 goals in their last 7 away matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
These sides have met just once before as Al Ahly Benghazi drew 0-0 at home with Orlando Pirates one week ago.
Orlando Pirates Form
Pirates sit second in their CAF Confederations Cup group after three matches. Their results so far have been a 0-0 away draw at ES Setif and a 2-1 home win over Enyimba before their goalless draw last time out against Al Ahli Benghazi.
Pirates’ most recent league results have seen a 1-0 home win against Bloemfontein Celtic and a 3-0 win away from home against Chippa United.
In their last match PSL match, Pirates saw their 10-match unbeaten streak ended by a 1-0 loss away against Kaizer Chiefs. That match came prior to their first match against Al Ahli Benghazi.
Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
Pirates are expected to be without Richard Ofori in goal and Happy Jele in defence due to injuries. Thabang Monare and is doubtful with a muscle problem in central midfield too.
Thembinkosi Lorch is close to a return but Deon Hotto is in a race against time to be fit. Terrence Dzvukamanja could be handed another start on the flank should those two miss out.
Al Ahly Benghazi Form
Al Ahly Benghazi sit third in their CAF Confederations Cup group after three matches. They lost 2-1 away to Enyimba before a good 1-0 home win against ES Setif. Their last match was a 0-0 home draw with Orlando Pirates last weekend.
In the Libyan Premier League, the side have won all three of their matches and sit fifth with two matches in hand. A 2-1 home victory against Al Hilal was followed by a 2-0 home win against Al Sadaqa.
Their last league match prior to the starting their CAF Confederations group stage matches was a 4-0 win away at Al-Anwar.
Al Ahly Benghazi Injuries & Team News
Coach Dejan Arsov is expected to select the same starting XI from a week ago after being satisfied with his side’s performance.
Murad Al Wuheeshi will play in goal after consecutive clean sheets in the CAF Confederations Cup.
Orlando Pirates vs Al Ahly Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Orlando Pirates vs Al Ahly live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Orlando Pirates vs Al Ahly live stream.