- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
- Saturday 2
- Sunday 3
- Monday 4
- Tuesday 5
- Wednesday 6
- Thursday 7
- Friday 8
Mamelodi Sundowns vs Cape Town City Predictions & Tips - Champions to end on winning note against poor travelers
- Mamelodi Sundowns vs Cape Town City Predictions for Saturday’s Premier Soccer League match
- Match is being played at 15:00 GMT at Loftus Stadium
- Sundowns have won 11 and drawn 4 of their last 16 PSL matches
- City have won 1 of their last 9 on the road (4 losses, 4 draws)
- A home win is tipped in Tshwane
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Mamelodi Sundowns vs Cape Town City
Sundowns to end season on a high (Getty Images)
Mamelodi Sundowns vs Cape Town City Predictions
Sundowns want to set a new PSL record by losing just once all season. City look reinvigorated under new coach Eric Tinkler but have a poor away record. I am tipping a home win for Sundowns to finish the season.
- Mamelodi Sundowns have won 11 of their last 16 matches (4 draws)(Premier Soccer League).
- Mamelodi Sundowns have kept 8 clean sheets in their last 12 matches (all competitions).
- Cape Town City have won 1 of their last 9 away matches (4 draws, 4 losses)(all competitions).
- Cape Town City have seen under 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 9 away matches (Premier Soccer League).
Head to Head
Cape Town City hold a 6-4 advantage across their previous 12 meetings with Sundowns with two draws.
Sundowns won 2-0 at City in November when the sides last met.
Mamelodi Sundowns Form
Sundowns have already won the league title and completed an unbeaten away season in their last match. They can set a record for just one league defeat all season in this match.
After three wins in a row without conceding, Sundowns were eliminated from the CAF Champions League after a 2-0 loss at Al Ahly and a 1-1 home draw. A 3-1 win against SuperSport United came next as they won the title albeit facing ten men for 80 minutes.
A 0-0 draw at Swallows came next before winning 2-0 at Bloemfontein Celtic in their last match. Peter Shalulile scored both goals from fine headers.
Mamelodi Sundowns Injuries & Team News
Sundowns are without goalkeeper Denis Onyango due to injury. Kermit Erasmus is doubtful up front.
Some rotation could be seen once again with fringe players hoping for involvement. Themba Zwane and Lebohang Maboe should be recalled in midfield after being rested against Celtic.
Cape Town City Form
City have finished at least seventh after winning their first match under new coach Eric Tinkler. They have won just four of their last 16 PSL matches.
An eight-match winless streak was followed by three consecutive wins before a humiliating 5-1 defeat to AmaZulu. A 1-0 defeat at TS Galaxy came next before consecutive 0-0 draws at Bloemfontein Celtic and against Maritzburg United.
City beat Black Leopards 3-1 in their last match as coach Eric Tinkler oversaw his first match. Fagrie Lakay scored once before a brace by substitute Abdul Ajagun.
Cape Town City Injuries & Team News
Rookie goalkeeper Marc Anderson should start again after Peter Leeuwenburgh was released.
Abdul Ajagun should start in midfield after his brace in the last match but Thabo Nodada remains a doubt.
Mamelodi Sundowns vs Cape Town City FAQ
Where can I watch the Mamelodi Sundowns vs Cape Town City live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Mamelodi Sundowns vs Cape Town City live stream.