- Friday 17
- Saturday 18
- Sunday 19
- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
Orlando Pirates vs Black Leopards Predictions & Tips - Bucs to bounce back by beating bottom placed Leopard
- Orlando Pirates vs Black Leopards Predictions for Wednesday’s Premier Soccer League match
- Match is being played at 13:00 GMT at Orlando Stadium
- Pirates have won 4 of their last 5 home matches
- Leopards have lost 10 of their last 15 PSL matches
- A home win is predicted in Soweto
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Orlando Pirates vs Black Leopards
Orlando Pirates can bounce back with a win over Leopards (Getty Images)
Orlando Pirates vs Black Leopards Predictions
Pirates have gone four matches without a win but having been performing better than results suggest. They have won four of their last five at home and tend to keep clean sheets on their own patch.
Leopards got a rare win last time out but are still favourites for relegation. They have the league’s worst defence and I am tipping a home victory.
- Orlando Pirates have won 4 of their last 5 home matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Orlando Pirates have kept 3 clean sheets in their last 4 home matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Black Leopards have lost 10 of their last 15 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Black Leopards have lost 3 of their last 5 away matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Black Leopards have failed to score in 4 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
These sides have met on 22 previous occasions with Pirates holding a 19-2 lead with one draw.
Leopards picked up a rare win the last time these sides met as they won 2-0 at home in January. Rodrick Kabwe scored to make it 2-0 after an Innocent Maela own goal.
Orlando Pirates Form
Pirates sit fourth in the PSL after a disappoint season where they have won just 10 of their 24 league matches. Bucs are currently four matches without a win in all competitions with two defeats and two draws.
After beating thrashed 4-1 at Mamelodi Sundowns in the Nedbank Cup, Pirates beat Maritzburg United 2-0 before a goalless home draw with ES Setif. A 1-1 draw from behind at Swallows was next before a 1-0 defeat away to Enyimba.
In their last match, Pirates were beaten 3-0 at home by Sundowns as they conceded from a penalty and a direct freekick and missed several clear chances.
Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
Pirates have a lot of injury problems right now with goalkeeper Richard Ofori injured and captain Happy Jele doubtful at centre back.
The side remains short of options in attack as Thembinkosi Lorch, Terrence Dzvukamanja and Zakhele Lepasa all out and Gabadinho Mhango is playing with a groin problem.
Black Leopards Form
Black Leopards have had an awful season and sit bottom of the PSL table with 15 defeats in their 25 matches with the league’s worst defence and second lowest scoring attack.
Leopards got a shock 1-1 draw at Mamelodi Sundowns before losing 1-0 to AmaZulu and 1-0 at Swallows. A 0-0 draw against Stellenbosch followed before a 1-1 draw against SuperSport after coming back from 1-0 down.
Leopards ended an eight match winless run by winning 2-1 at TTM in their last having been 1-0 down. That result took them six points from safety with five matches to play as Rodrick Kabwe and Sanele Mathenjwa scored the goals.
Black Leopards Injuries & Team News
Leopards are expected to make just one change from the victory at TTM as coach Lehlohonolo Seema goes with a 4-2-3-1 shape. Wiseman Maluleke is suspended so Mumuni Abubakar comes step into midfield.
Right back Tebogo Makobela is absent with injury so Ethan Sampson will start.
Orlando Pirates vs Black Leopards Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Orlando Pirates vs Black Leopards live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Orlando Pirates vs Black Leopards live stream.