- Friday 7
- Saturday 8
- Sunday 9
- Monday 10
- Tuesday 11
- Wednesday 12
- Thursday 13
- Friday 14
- Saturday 15
- Sunday 16
- Monday 17
Leipzig vs Liverpool Predictions & Tips - Leipzig to frustrate Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League
- Leipzig vs Liverpool predictions for Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League tie
- The Round of 16 first leg match kicks off at 8pm SAST
- The Puskas Arena in Budapest is the venue for the match
- Liverpool have lost 5 of their last 7 games in all competitions
- I am backing Leipzig in the draw no bet market
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Leipzig vs Liverpool
Leipzig vs Liverpool Predictions
Leipzig take on a wounded Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday. The German club can pile on more pressure for Liverpool and win in Budapest.
- Leipzig have won their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Leipzig have won to nil in 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Leipzig have won by 3+ goals in 2 of their last 3 matches (all competitions).
- Liverpool have lost their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have lost 5 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Liverpool have conceded 3+ goals in their last 2 matches (Premier League).
Head to Head
This UEFA Champions League match represents the first ever meeting of the sides.
Leipzig are on a solid run, winning their last four games in all competitions. They currently sit second in the Bundesliga, 4 points adrift of Bayern Munich. They have also reached the German Cup quarter-finals.
Their defence has shown form of late, winning to nil in 3 of their last 4 games.
Julian Nagelsmann’s charges won 1-0 against Bayer Leverkusen and beat Bochum 4-0 in the German Cup. Leipzig then won 3-0 at Schalke.
Leipzig’s last game was a 2-1 home victory over Augsburg. Dani Olmo and Christopher Nkunku got the goals for the home side.
Leipzig Injuries & Team News
Dominik Szoboszlai is still battling adductor problems after signing from Salzburg and is out.
Defender Benjamin Henrichs and the versatile Konrad Laimer are doubtful alongside attacking midfielder Emil Forsberg.
Liverpool are in big trouble at the moment, losing their last 3 Premier League fixtures and 5 of their last 7 games in all competitions.
Jürgen Klopp’s team have gone from title challengers to struggling to hold onto a top 4 spot. Injuries to key defenders have been an issue all season, but their attack hasn't exactly excelled.
Liverpool have lost three consecutive home games; Burnley (1-0), Brighton (1-0), and Manchester City (4-1).
The Reds were also dumped out of the FA Cup by a 3-2 defeat to bitter rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Liverpool’s last outing was a 3-1 loss at Leicester City on Saturday, with a late collapse and some comical defending leading to their downfall.
Liverpool Injuries & Team News
Liverpool are missing injured centre backs Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip. Expect Jordan Henderson to partner Fabinho in central defence after Ozan Kabak’s poor debut in Leicester.
Midfielder aby Keita is injured and James Milner came off early against Leicester and is doubtful. Expect Thiago to return to the starting side here.
Leipzig vs Liverpool Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Leipzig vs Liverpool live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Leipzig vs Liverpool live stream.