If you’re looking for an exclusive promotion from one of the top sportsbooks in South Africa, look no further. Our TopBet promo code entitles you to a great bonus offer that you won’t find anywhere else. Not only that, but we’ve also written up a mini-review to outline the key points of this premier sports betting company.
With an HQ based in Johannesburg and 18 bricks-and-mortar retail branches spread across Gauteng, Limpopo, and KwaZulu-Natal, TopBet is indeed one of the top betting brands in South Africa.
TopBet launched this sportsbook website in 2008. It is fully licenced and regulated by the Gauteng Gambling Board, so you know this is a legitimate operator.
There are 17 sporting categories to choose from, each with hundreds of wagers available. All the main sports are here, including horse racing, soccer, cricket, and rugby. There is also fixed-odds lotto betting, crazy numbers, and betgames if you’d like a change from the usual sports betting.
Without further ado, let’s see why you should sign up with TopBet right away.
Reasons to Join TopBet
- Quick-bet feature, which allows you to place a wager at TopBet without having to make an online account. We’ll explain more about that a little later.
- 24/7 customer support. All the contact details are listed on this page.
- Well-known local betting company with a proven track record.
How to Get Started
The first thing you have to do is open your TopBet account. That is a very simple process, whether you’re using a PC, a laptop, a smartphone, or a tablet. There’s no TopBet App available yet, but the mobile website has all the same functionality despite its slightly different layout. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you.
- Click the link above which will take you to the TopBet website. These links are being checked constantly to make sure that they point to the most up-to-date offer, so there’s no need to go searching for other links.
- Fill in the sign-up form. There are only a few fields to complete, but you will need your ID/passport number.
- Once you’ve completed the form and checked the small print, click the terms and conditions opt-in box. Enter the TopBet promo code ‘PROMOCODE’ when prompted.
What Can TopBet Offer Me?
Quick-Bet - If you’ve found a market that you want to bet on but haven’t opened a TopBet account yet, the Quick-Bet feature allows you to place the bet anyway.
Just make your selection as normal, entering your stake, then input your mobile number and click ‘bet’. When the bet has been placed just call into your local TopBet shop and give your mobile number to the attendant. Once you’ve paid for your wager you’ll then receive your bet ticket.
Comprehensive Customer Support - TopBet has a good selection of customer service options, including 24/7 telephone and email support. There is also occasionally live chat support, but the opening hours vary. There is a General Help section on the website too, with FAQs, an explanation of all the different market types, and a sports betting terminology dictionary. You can also find TopBet on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Crazy Numbers - The Crazy Numbers category on TopBet offers fixed-odds lotto betting from across the globe. South Africa, America, Canada, and Europe are all covered, along with draws from South Korea, India, Turkey, the Philippines, and Hong Kong. The Betgames option is similar to Crazy Numbers but played live in real-time.
TopBet Deposit Options
The banking methods currently available at TopBet are Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards, along with bank transfer.
You can transfer your deposit to FNB in Northcliff, Standard Bank in Northcliff, ABSA in Southdale, or Nedbank in Randburg, the details for which can be found on the TopBet website.
Placing a Bet
If you have used an online sportsbook before then feel free to skip this section. If this is your first time placing a bet, then the following step-by-step guide is just what you need.
- Find a bet that you like the look of. Check out the sporting categories down the left of the screen, and once you’ve chosen your sport you can click ‘by category’ to select a specific country and league. All the available matches will be displayed in the centre of the screen.
- Click the odds to add the wager to your betting slip. You can add another bet for a double, a third for a treble, and so on, or you can choose to place them individually by clicking ‘singles’ in the bet slip.
- Enter your stake and the potential payout will be calculated. The minimum stake for every wager is R1.00.
TopBet certainly has a lot going it, the 24/7 call centre support being a major factor, but the lack of live betting is a disappointment. If TopBet were to add some in-play betting on a few select sports, along with some e-sports and specials markets and a few e-wallet deposit methods, this would be a world-class sportsbook. As it stands, TopBet is still a good local brand and one that will satisfy the needs of most punters in South Africa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is TopBet a legit betting site?
A. Absolutely. It is fully licenced and regulated by the Gauteng Gambling Board, so everything must be kept legal and above board.
Q. What resources are available for problem gamblers?
A. There are multiple resources on the TopBet website to help problem gamblers. In the footer for every page, you’ll find links to the National Responsible Gambling website, the National Gambling Board, and the self-exclusion section of the TopBet website. The National Responsible Gambling helpline number is also listed there as 0800-600-008.
Q. What are the best bonuses and promotions?
A. TopBet regularly runs promotions and offers for new and existing customers, but these can vary greatly. Our advice would be to check the terms and conditions for each offer and make sure to pick the one that is right for you.
If you’re ready to get started, grab that TopBet promo code and get betting!
Last updated by on 02 Aug 2021