- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
Kevin Anderson vs Jordan Thompson Prediction and Tips - Anderson backed to advance to 2nd round
- The match will take place at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in California
- The game is on Friday 8th October 2021
- Anderson recently won the 7th ATP title of his career
- Thompson has never defeated Anderson
- Thompson lost to a low ranked qualifier at the San Diego Open
Kevin Anderson backed to advance (Getty Images)
Kevin Anderson vs Jordan Thompson Preview & Tips
Kevin Anderson has a good record at the BNP Paribas Open. So despite his average form coming into this match, I'm backing him to get the victory in straight sets.
- Kevin Anderson vs Jordan Thompson Preview & Tips
- Head To Head
- Kevin Anderson's Form
- Jordan Thompson's Form
- Kevin Anderson vs Jordan Thompson Live Stream FAQ
- Kevin Anderson has reached the quarter-final on 3 occasions at the BNP Paribas Open.
- Kevin Anderson has won both his previous encounters against Jordan Thompson.
- Kevin Anderson has not dropped a set against Jordan Thompson in 2 matches.
Head To Head
Kevin Anderson leads 2-0 against Jordan Thompson in matches played. Additionally, he has never lost a set to Thompson.
Their last meeting was in the round of 16 at the ATP Masters 1000 in Florida. Anderson won 7-5 7-5.
Anderson is currently ranked 69th in the world, and Jordan holds the 76th position.
Kevin Anderson's Form
Kevin Anderson has battled with injuries in the last few years, but he bounced back to winning ways when he claimed his first ATP title of the season on the grass at the Hall Of Fame Open in July.
Since that victory, the big South African has struggled with his form on the hard courts, winning only one first-round match in his last six starts on the surface.
However, the former world number five tends to do well at this tournament, reaching the quarter-finals on three occasions.
Jordan Thompson's Form
Jordan Thompson recently suffered a humiliating defeat to 901 ranked August Holmgren during the qualifying rounds of the San Diego Open. He will still be hurting from that loss, and his confidence will be low.
Before that, the Australian did have some decent form on the hard courts, reaching the quarter-finals at Los Cabos and Atlanta.
Thompson will need to rediscover that form to have a chance against Anderson.
Kevin Anderson vs Jordan Thompson Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch Kevin Anderson vs Jordan Thompson live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch Kevin Anderson vs Jordan Thompson live stream.
Kevin Anderson's record at this tournament should stand him in good stead. His big serve and power game can overpower Thompson.
Best Bet: Anderson -1.5 Handicap Handicap $1.72 at Bookmaker - 4 Units
Value Bet: Anderson 2-0 Total Sets $2.50 at Betstar Australia - 2 Units