- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
Sudan vs South Africa Predictions & Tips - Bafana to qualify with draw in Sudan
- Sudan vs South Africa Predictions for Sunday’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier
- Match is being played at 16:00 GMT at Al-Hilal Stadium
- A draw is tipped in Omdurman
- Sudan need a win, South Africa need a draw to qualify for AFCON
- South Africa have lost 1 of their last 7 away AFCON qualifiers
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Sudan vs South Africa
South Africa can take a point in Sudan (Getty Images)
Sudan vs South Africa Predictions
This is a crucial match with Sudan needing to win to qualify and South Africa needing a draw. The away side are tough to beat on their travels with their threat on the counter attack. I am tipping South Africa to get the draw they need.
- Sudan have won 2 of their last 6 home matches (3 losses, 1 draw)(Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers).
- Sudan have seen under 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 9 home matches (Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers).
- South Africa have lost 1 of their last 7 away matches (4 wins, 2 draws)(Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers).
- South Africa have kept 6 clean sheets in their last 11 matches (Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers).
Head to Head
These sides have met on three previous occasions with South Africa holding a 3-0 lead with no draws.
The two teams last met in November 2019 as South Africa beat Sudan 1-0 at home.
Sudan got their Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers off to a fine start as they beat Sao Tome 4-0 at home before losing 1-0 away to South Africa. Three friendlies followed as the side beat Eritrea 1-0 away and lost 3-0 in Tunisia.
A 1-1 friendly draw in Togo was next before losing 2-0 in Ghana in an AFCON qualifier. The side bounced back to beat Ghana 1-0 at home.
In their last match, Sudan won 2-0 away against Sao Tome.
Sudan Squad & Team News
Sudan called up a squad of almost entirely locally-based players with just Sharaf Eldin Shiboub playing outside the country.
Mohamed Abdelrahman is a key man in attack with six goals in his first ten caps playing in support of Seifeldin Malik
South Africa Form
Bafana Bafana started their Africa Cup of Nations journey with a 2-0 defeat away to Ghana. They bounced back well to beat Sudan 1-0 at home.
South Africa then drew 1-1 with Namibia and lost 2-1 to Zambia in two home friendly matches. A 2-0 home win in AFCON qualifying against Sao Tome followed before winning 4-2 away against the same opponents.
In their last match, Bafana drew 1-1 at home with Ghana thanks to Percy Tau’s equaliser. The team need a draw to qualify ahead of Sudan.
South Africa Squad & Team News
South Africa are without several overseas based players due to COVID-19 restrictions. This includes midfielders Bongani Zungu, Dean Furman and Thulani Serero. Andile Jali was injured in midfield in the last match which leaves coach Molefi Ntseki short of options in the engine room.
Percy Tau should lead the line despite a knock to the ankle. Kermit Erasmus and Bradley Grobler miss out in attack with injuries and Lebo Mothiba and Keagan Dolly were not allowed to travel by their French clubs.
Sudan vs South Africa Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Sudan vs South Africa live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Sudan vs South Africa live stream.
South Africa just need a point to qualify for AFCON while Sudan must win. It should be a low scoring cagey affair that I'm tipping to end level.
Best Bet: Draw Full Time Result $3.00 at Bookmaker - 3 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score $6.50 at Betstar Australia - 1 Unit