- Friday 17
- Saturday 18
- Sunday 19
- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
Al Ahly vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions & Tips - Pitso Mosimane’s side to retain CAF CL against Chiefs
- Al Ahly vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions for the CAF Champions League final
- Match is being played at 20:00 GMT at Mohamed V Stadium
- Al Ahly have won 15 of their last 22 CAF CL matches (15 wins)
- Kaizer Chiefs have lost 2 of their last 5 away CAF CL matches
- An Al Ahly win is my tip in Casablanca
- Best betting tips, stats and predictions for Al Ahly vs Kaizer Chiefs
Al Ahly can retain their Champions League title (Getty Images)
Al Ahly vs Kaizer Chiefs Preview & Tips
Defending CAF Champions League winners, Al Ahly are favourites to win this match. They have lost just once in 22 matches in this competition, mainly thanks to a superb defensive record. I am backing the Egyptians to win.
- Al Ahly are undefeated in 21 of their last 22 matches (15 wins) (CAF Champions League).
- Al Ahly have scored in 23 of their last 24 matches (all competitions).
- Al Ahly have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 matches (CAF Champions League).
- Kaizer Chiefs have lost 2 of their last 5 away matches (CAF Champions League).
- Kaizer Chiefs have kept 6 clean sheets in their last 8 matches (CAF Champions League).
Head to Head
This is the first ever meeting between these sides. Al Ahly coach Pitso Mosimane faced Kaizer Chiefs on 18 occasions with seven wins, six draws and five defeats.
Al Ahly Form
Al Ahly reached the CAF Champions League final after a 3-1 aggregate win against Mamelodi Sundowns in the quarter-finals before a 4-0 aggregate victory against ES Tunis in the semis. Coach Pitso Mosimane is looking to win consecutive Champions League titles.
After a 1-1 draw at Mamelodi Sundowns to reach the semis, Al Ahly won the CAF Super Cup in Doha as they beat RSB Berkane 2-0. A 1-0 away win and 3-0 home success against ES Tunis followed in the CAF Champions League semi-finals.
Al Ahly have played four Egyptian Premier League matches sicne the semi-final. They have won three and drawn one, scoring 11 goals in the process.
Al Ahly Injuries & Team News
Al Ahly have a clean bill of health.
Kaizer Chiefs Form
Amakhosi reached the CAF Champions League final after a 4-3 aggregate win against Simba SC in the quarter-final. They beat Wydad Casablanca 1-0 on aggregate in the semi-final after a 1-0 away win and 0-0 home draw.
After losing 3-0 away to Simba SC in the quarter-final second leg, they lost 2-1 at Black Leopards in the league as coach Gavin Hunt was shown the door. Consecutive league wins followed under caretaker coach Arthur Zwane.
Chiefs then won 1-0 win in Casablanca against Wydad despite conceding 26 shots and having just 20% possession. They held on to a 0-0 draw in their last match to progress 1-0 on aggregate.
Kaizer Chiefs Injuries & Team News
New coach Stuart Baxter will be hoping to get goalkeeper Bruce Bvuma back from injury in time for this match otherwise Daniel Akpeyi will start.
Kaizer Chiefs could have Khama Billiant available to feature as a substitute. Yagan Sasman should start at left wing back.
Al Ahly vs Kaizer Chiefs FAQ
When is the Al Ahly vs Kaizer Chiefs CAF Champions League final?
The CAF Champions League final between Al Ahly and Kaizer Chiefs takes place on 17 July.
I am tipping under 2.5 goals and Al Ahly to win in 90 minutes.
Best Bet: Al Ahly Win Full Time Result @1.53 at BetMGM - 5 Units
Value Bet: Al Ahly/Under 2.5 Result/Total Goals @3.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Al Ahly Win 2-0 Correct Score @9.50 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit