- Saturday 31
- Sunday 1
- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
Tottenham vs Southampton Predictions & Tips - Spurs to boost Top Four hopes
- Tottenham vs Southampton predictions for Wednesday’s Premier League clash
- The match is being played at 7:00 pm SAST at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Southampton have lost 7 of their last 8 away games in the Premier League
- I'm backing Spurs to win, with Heung-min Son finding the back of the net
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Tottenham vs Southampton
Tottenham vs Southampton Predictions
Tottenham Hotspur have picked up important victories at home in the English Premier League. Southampton are short on confidence after a poor period of form, particularly on the road. There have been some high-scoring clashes between the two sides and I'm tipping a Spurs win with over 2.5 goals.
- Tottenham have won 5 of their last 6 home matches (all competitions)
- Tottenham have seen over 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions)
- Tottenham's Heung-min Son has scored 6 goals in his last 3 matches against Southampton (all competitions)
- Tottenham have won 11 of their last 14 home matches against Southampton (all competitions)
- Tottenham have seen over 2.5 goals in 9 of their last 12 matches against Southampton (all competitions)
- Southampton have lost 11 of their last 14 matches (Premier League)
- Southampton have lost 7 of their last 8 away matches (Premier League)
- Southampton have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches (Premier League)
Tottenham have an 84-64 advantage over Southampton in 198 meetings with 50 matches drawn.
Spurs beat Southampton 5-2 in the reverse fixture this season. Son Heung-Min scored four goals for the North London side.
Spurs drew 2-2 away at Everton on Friday. Harry Kane scored twice and hit the bar late on, but it wasn’t enough to defeat the Toffees in a key match in the race for Europe.
Jose Mourinho was sacked on Monday after one win in his last five Premier League matches. Ryan Mason will take charge as caretaker manager until the end of the season.
Spurs' recent points in the Premier League have come from a 2-0 away win over Aston Villa and a disappointing 2-2 draw against Newcastle. The North London side are seventh and five points off the Champions League places.
Tottenham will be encouraged by their solid home form in the Premier League. Spurs beat West Brom, Burnley and Crystal Palace at home before a 3-1 loss to Man United last time out.
Tottenham Injuries & Team News
Top-scorer Harry Kane is doubtful with an ankle injury.
Full backs Matt Doherty and Ben Davies are also unavailable due to injury.
Southampton lost 1-0 against Leicester in their FA Cup semi-final on Sunday. The Saints struggled to create chances and attempted six shots with just one on target.
The result followed a 3-0 loss away at West Brom in the Premier League, their third loss in four matches.
Poor recent form in the Premier League leaves Southampton in 14th place. A recent 3-2 win against Burnley and a 2-0 away at Sheffield United keeps the Saints nine points off the relegation places.
Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side have lost seven of their last eight away, including a 9-0 loss against Man United, a 5-2 defeat to Man City and a 3-0 loss at Leeds.
Southampton Injuries & Team News
Midfielders William Smallbone and Oriol Romeu are ruled out.
Forward Michael Obafemi is also unavailable with a long-term injury.
Tottenham vs Southampton Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Tottenham vs Southampton live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Tottenham vs Southampton live stream.
Tottenham Hotspur’s solid home form and Southampton's terrible away form means I'm tipping Spurs to claim the three points. With Harry Kane doubtful and Heung-min Son scoring 6 goals in his last 3 matches against Southampton, I'm backing the South Korean to score.
Best Bet: Tottenham Win Full Time Result @1.82 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Heung-min Son Anytime Goalscorer @2.55 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units
First Goalscorer Tip: Heung-min Son First Goalscorer @5.80 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Tottenham Win 2-1 Correct Score @9.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit