- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
- Saturday 2
- Sunday 3
- Monday 4
- Tuesday 5
- Wednesday 6
- Thursday 7
- Friday 8
West Ham vs Southampton Predictions & Tips - Europe awaits Hammers
- West Ham vs Southampton predictions for Sunday’s Premier League clash
- The fixture is being played at 5:00 pm SAST at the London Stadium
- West Ham have won 5 of their last 6 meetings with Southampton in the Premier League
- I'm backing West Ham to win and the match to produce BTTS
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for West Ham vs Southampton
West Ham vs Southampton Predictions
West Ham United have been in good home form and have an impressive record against visitors Southampton. The Saints have one of the worst away records in the English Premier League, so I am backing a West Ham win and BTTS on Sunday in London.
- West Ham have won 7 of their last 11 home matches (all competitions)
- West Ham have seen BTTS in 7 of their last 9 matches (Premier League)
- West Ham have won 5 of their last 6 matches against Southampton (Premier League)
- West Ham have seen BTTS in 6 of their last 9 home matches against Southampton (all competitions)
- Southampton have lost 9 of their last 10 away matches (Premier League)
- Southampton have seen BTTS in 7 of their last 10 matches (Premier League)
West Ham have a 79-50 advantage against Southampton in 179 meetings with 47 draws.
The Hammers have won their last three home matches against the Saints, including a 3-1 victory last season.
West Ham Form
West Ham’s push for Champions League football next season came to an end after three losses in six matches. Defeats against Newcastle, Chelsea and Everton saw the Hammers drop from fourth to sixth in the Premier League.
David Moyes’ side bounced back with a recent 1-1 away draw against Brighton and 3-1 victory over West Brom last time out.
West Ham conceded early on after an even contest in the first half. Thomas Soucek, Angelo Ogabonna and Michail Antonio scored in the second half as the Hammers had 21 shots and 3.57 expected goals.
The win wasn’t enough to keep West Ham in contention for a top-four finish. They require one point against Southampton to qualify for the Europa League next season.
West Ham Injuries & Team News
Defender Arthur Masuaku and midfielder Manuel Lanzini are doubtful with respective injuries.
Goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski is ruled out with a knee injury.
Southampton were unable to continue their recent revival in the Premier League. Back-to-back 3-1 home wins against Crystal Palace and Fulham came before a 2-0 loss against Leeds.
The Saints had 18 shots, 52% possession and Che Adams missed from close range early on. Southampton struggled to create any further clear-cut chances before Leeds scored two late goals.
Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have lost nine of their last 10 away matches in the Premier League. A 2-0 win against bottom side Sheffield United is their only win during their disappointing run.
A strong start to the season saved the Saints from a potential relegation battle. They are in 14th place, despite a poor second half of the season.
Southampton Injuries & Team News
Midfielder Oriol Romeu should return to the squad following an ankle injury.
Striker Che Adams is doubtful due to injury.
Defender Ryan Bertrand and midfielder William Smallbone are ruled out.
West Ham vs Southampton Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the West Ham vs Southampton live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the West Ham vs Southampton live stream.
West Ham should be able to build on their comfortable 3-1 victory over West Bromwich Albion in midweek. They take on a Southampton side who are on an awful losing streak away in the Premier League. I'm backing a home win and BTTS on Sunday in London.
Best Bet: BTTS Yes BTTS @-163.93 at BetMGM - 5 Units
Value Bet: West Ham Win Full Time Result @-133.33 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 4 Units
Correct Score Tip: West Ham Win 2-1 Correct Score @800.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit