- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
Bloemfontein Celtic vs Chippa United Predictions & Tips - Share of the spoils predicted in Bloem
- Bloemfontein Celtic vs Chippa United Predictions for Saturday’s Premier Soccer League match
- Match is being played at 13:00 GMT at Dr. Petrus Molemela Stadium
- Celtic have drawn 2 of their last 4 home matches
- Chippa United have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 away matches
- A draw is my tip in Bloemfontein
- Betting tips, best bets and predictions for Bloemfontein Celtic vs Chippa United
Chippa can get a crucial point in Bloemfontein (Getty Images)
Bloemfontein Celtic vs Chippa United Predictions
This looks likely to be a tight match with few goals. Celtic are strong at home but Chippa are doing well on the road. I am tipping a draw between these sides.
- Bloemfontein Celtic have drawn 2 of their last 4 home matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Bloemfontein Celtic have failed to score in 3 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Bloemfontein Celtic have seen under 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 home matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Chippa United have won 3 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Chippa United have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 away matches (Premier Soccer League).
Head to Head
Bloemfontein Celtic hold an 7-4 lead against Chippa United over their 16 past matches with five matches drawn.
Their last meeting was in January 2020 as the sides drew 1-1 in Bloemfontein. Ndumiso Mabena gave Celtic the lead at home before William Twala equalised.
Bloemfontein Celtic Form
Celtic have struggled this season with their CAF Confederations Cup commitments and a hangover after losing the MTN8 cup final. December and January saw an eight match run without a win and the side looked to be heading for a relegation battle.
After a 3-0 defeat in Nigeria to Rivers United, Celtic responded with a 1-0 win against Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila with ten men. A 4-3 defeat in the last minute to AmaZulu preceded a shock 4-0 away loss to Cape Town City in the Nedbank Cup.
In their last match, Celtic beat SuperSport United 2-1 at home albeit thanks to an offside winning goal. Reagan Van der Ross and Motebang Sera were on target.
Bloemfontein Celtic Injuries & Team News
Bloemfontein Celtic are without three of their top players for this match. Ndumiso Mabena is injured in attack and Jackson Mabokgwane is still absent in goal. Lantshene Phalane missed the last match in mdfield and is unlikely to be available.
Ronald Pfumbidzai returns from suspension at left back and young attacking midfielder Reagan Van der Ross should start again after scoring on his full debut.
Chippa United Form
The arrival of coach Dan Malesela has seen the side in improved form with seven points from the last four league matches. They are now out of the relegation zone.
A 1-0 win at TS Galaxy was followed a 1-1 draw at Swallows and then an excellent 3-0 win away to Black Leopards. They then lost 2-0 at Mamelodi Sundowns in a game in which they were thoroughly outplayed.
In their last match, Chippa beat Free State Stars on penalties after a 2-2 home draw in the Nedbank Cup. Riaan Hanamub and Andile Mbenyane scored the goals.
Chippa United Injuries & Team News
Coach Dan Malesela has three major injuries to deal with for this match. Isaac Nhlapo missed the last match at centre back and will again be absent due to injury.
In attacking areas the coach has to make do without forward Thokozani Sekotlong and Silas Maziya.
Bloemfontein Celtic vs Chippa United Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Bloemfontein Celtic vs Chippa United live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Bloemfontein Celtic vs Chippa United live stream.