- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
Cape Town City vs Stellenbosch Predictions & Tips - Solid Stellies can get a point against rivals
- Cape Town City vs Stellenbosch Predictions for Saturday’s Premier Soccer League match
- Match is being played at 15:00 GMT at Athlone Stadium
- Cape Town City have drawn 3 of their last 4 home matches
- A draw is my tip in Cape Town
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Cape Town City vs Stellenbosch
Cape Town City vs Stellenbosch Predictions
This match is set to be a tight and cagey affair. City are struggling to win or score goals at home. Stellenbosch are draw specialists and have a very solid backline. I am tipping a low scoring draw.
- Cape Town City vs Stellenbosch Predictions
- Head to Head
- Cape Town City Form
- Cape Town City Injuries & Team News
- Stellenbosch Form
- Stellenbosch Injuries & Team News
- Cape Town City have drawn 3 of their last 4 home matches (all competitions).
- Cape Town City have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 home matches (all competitions).
- Stellenbosch have drawn 6 of their last 7 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Stellenbosch have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 7 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Stellenbosch have seen under 1.5 goals in 11 of their last 12 matches (Premier Soccer League).
Head to Head
These sides sit at 2-2 across their four meetings in the past with no matches ending in draws.
The sides last met in March as Stellenbosch won 2-1 away from home.
Cape Town City Form
City are strong at home with one defeat in their last eight PSL matches on their home turf.
They began this season with a fine 2-1 win at AmaZulu in the MTN8 quarter-final. A dull 0-0 draw against SuperSport United followed with just 0.41 xG produced before a 2-1 win at Royal AM having trailed 1-0.
Their last match saw a 0-0 draw against Swallows in the MTN8 semi-final first leg. They should have won the match comfortably having had 25 shots and 2.1 xG to 0.92 for their opponents.
Cape Town City Injuries & Team News
City should be able to welcome back key midfielder Thato Mokeke after he tested positive for COVID-19.
Coach Eric Tinkler could still be without strikers Fagrie Lakay and Tashreeq Morris due to injuries. Khanyisa Mayo could play as the false nine once again.
Stellenbosch only won five of 30 matches last season and narrowly survived relegation. They finished last season with four successive 0-0 draws.
They began this season with a 2-2 draw at Orlando Pirates having trailed twice against ten men. A fine 1-0 victory at TS Galaxy followed but they again faced ten men for 81 minutes.
Their last match saw a 1-1 draw at Sekhukhune United having led 1-0 after eight minutes. Stellenbosch conceded a 69th minute equaliser after going defensive to protect their lead.
Stellenbosch Injuries & Team News
Stellenbosch left back Marc Van Heerden fit to start after returning as a substitute last time out.
Judas Moseamedi will play up front against his former club. Key centre back Robyn Johannes remains out injured.
I am tipping this is to be low scoring. A draw looks to be good value.
Best Bet: Under 1.5 Goals Total Goals $2.65 at Bookmaker - 3 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result $2.90 at Betstar Australia - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: 0-0 Draw Correct Score $6.75 at Neds - 1 Unit