- Saturday 31
- Sunday 1
- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
Orlando Pirates vs Cape Town City Predictions & Tips - High scoring match expected in Soweto
- Orlando Pirates vs Cape Town City predictions for Tuesday’s Premier Soccer League match
- Match is being played at 15:00 GMT at Orlando Stadium
- These sides have drawn 4 of their last 5 meetings
- Pirates have drawn 3 of their last 4 at Orlando Stadium
- City have seen over 3.5 goals in 5 of their last 8
- A draw is my tip in Soweto
- Best bets, betting tips and predictions for Orlando Pirates vs Cape Town City
Pirates and Cape Town City have shared plenty high scoring matches in recent history (Getty Images)
Orlando Pirates vs Cape Town City Predictions
Pirates have been struggling to win at home of late whilst Cape Town City have scored the most goals in the Premier Soccer League but have the third worst defence. I am tipping a high scoring match.
- Orlando Pirates have drawn 4 of their last 5 matches against Cape Town City (Premier Soccer League).
- Orlando Pirates have drawn 3 of their last 4 home matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Orlando Pirates have seen over 3.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches against Cape Town City (Premier Soccer League).
- Cape Town City have seen BTTS yes in 10 of their last 11 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Cape Town City have seen over 3.5 goals in 5 of their last 8 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Orlando Pirates hold an 8-6 advantage against Cape Town City over their previous 23 clashes with nine draws.
Their last meeting was in December as Cape Town City led twice at home but could only draw 2-2 with Pirates.
Orlando Pirates Form
Orlando Pirates have been in inconsistent form all season with five draws at home in eight league matches. They sit 5th in the Premier Soccer League table with an eight point gap to the leaders having played one more match.
Having lost 2-0 away Black Leopards, Pirates drew 0-0 at home with Golden Arrows before a 1-0 away win at Maritzburg United. That was followed by a poor 1-1 home draw with Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila before beating Kaizer Chiefs 2-1 at home in the Soweto derby.
A very poor performance followed to lose 2-0 away to Golden Arrows. In their last match, Orlando Pirates beat lower league side Uthongathi 1-0 at home in the Nedbank Cup as Gabadinho Mhango was on target.
Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
Orlando Pirates rested Fortune Makaringe and Vincent Pule in midfield for the last match and both players should return to start this match.
Coach Josef Zinnbauer is still missing Tshegofatso Mabasa and Zakhele Lepasa in attack so has to decide between starting Gabadinho Mhango up front or using Thembinkosi Lorch as a false nine.
Cape Town City Form
Cape Town City sit 6th in the PSL table having won six and drawn five of their 14 matches thus far. They boast the division’s best attack but have one of the worst goals conceded records.
City started 2021 in slow fashion as they lost 3-2 away to Swallows, threw away a 2-0 lead at home to Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila at home to draw 2-2 and then going down 2-1 at home to Kaizer Chiefs. The side have returned to form of late as they won 2-0 away at Black Leopards, 4-2 at home against Golden Arrows and then 1-1 at Baroka.
In their last match, Cape Town City thrashed Bloemfontein Celtic 4-0 at home in the Nedbank Cup as Tashreeq Morris scored a hattrick and Thado Nodada scored the other.
Cape Town City Injuries & Team News
Cape Town City welcomed back Abbubaker Mobara in defence in their last match but are still without Edmilson Dove at left back.
Both Bradley Ralani and Justin Shonga were rested in attack for the last match and should be recalled for this one. Aubrey Ngoma is still absent on the wing.
Orlando Pirates vs Cape Town City Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Orlando Pirates vs Cape Town City live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Orlando Pirates vs Cape Town City live stream.
These two historically produce high scoring encounters. There is value in the total goals market while I feel it will end level after 90 minutes.
Best Bet: Over 2.5 Goals Total Goals @2.35 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @2.63 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 2-2 Draw Correct Score @15.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit