- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
Liverpool vs Leipzig Predictions & Tips - Reds to hold out for draw in UEFA Champions League
- Liverpool vs Leipzig predictions for Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League encounter
- The last 16 2nd leg is being played at 10pm SAST at Puskas Arena.
- Liverpool have seen under 2.5 goals in 10 of their last 11 UEFA Champions League ties
- I'm backing under 2.5 goals and a draw in Budapest
- Best bets, betting tips and predictions for Liverpool vs Leipzig
Liverpool vs Leipzig Predictions
Liverpool have been poor domestically in front of goal, making this encounter all the more tense. The Reds just need a draw to progress at the expense of RB Leipzig, so my tip is under 2.5 goals in Budapest.
- Liverpool have lost 6 of their last 8 matches (all competitions).
- Liverpool have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Liverpool are undefeated in 6 of their last 7 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Liverpool have seen under 2.5 goals in 10 of their last 11 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Leipzig have won 8 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Leipzig have lost 4 of their last 8 matches (UEFA Champions League).
Head to Head
The first ever meeting between RB Leipzig and Liverpool took place in the first leg.
Liverpool ran out 2-0 victors in Budapest, with Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane finding the back of the net.
Liverpool are in poor form, losing six of their last eight matches in all competitions. The only wins in that run came against Leipzig in the Champions League and at Sheffield United in the Premier League.
Jürgen Klopp’s side are struggling to score goals and even playing at Anfield is having no positive effect.
Liverpool’s last two matches have been at Anfield, 1-0 defeats to Chelsea and Fulham.
Liverpool Injuries & Team News
Liverpool are missing injured centre backs Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip with Ozan Kabak doubtful.
Midfielder Jordan Henderson is injured and forward Roberto Firmino is doubtful.
Leipzig are in great form, winning eight of their last nine matches in all competitions. The only blip in that run was a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in the Champions League.
Julian Nagelsmann’s side returned to the Bundesliga with a 3-0 win at Hertha Berlin and 3-2 home win against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Leipzig won 2-0 at home against Wolfsburg in the German Cup quarter-finals. The Wolves missed a penalty with Yussuf Poulsen and Hee-Chan Hwang taking advantage.
Leipzig’s last match was a 3-0 win at Freiburg. It was a comfortable victory with Christopher Nkunku, Alexander Sørloth and Emil Forsberg on target.
Leipzig Injuries & Team News
Dominik Szoboszlai is still battling adductor problems and the versatile Konrad Laimer has an ankle injury.
Left back Angelino and centre back Willi Orban are doubtful.
Liverpool vs Leipzig Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Liverpool vs Leipzig live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Liverpool vs Leipzig live stream.
Liverpool require a draw to progress in the UEFA Champions League. Given their current domestic form, I'm tipping them to play for a draw in order to progress.
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @2.15 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @3.65 at Caesars (Sport) - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @7.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit