- Friday 17
- Saturday 18
- Sunday 19
- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
Benfica vs Arsenal Predictions & Tips - Gunners hold the value in UEFA Europa League
- Benfica vs Arsenal predictions for Thursday’s UEFA Europa League encounter
- The game is being played at 10pm SAST at Stadio Olimpico in Rome
- Arsenal have won by 2+ goals in their last 5 Europa League games
- I am tipping Arsenal to beat Benfica in Rome
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Benfica vs Arsenal
Benfica vs Arsenal Predictions
Matches involving Benfica and Arsenal have seen many goals in the UEFA Europa League. With Benfica not at their best and Gunners forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in top shape, Arsenal winning in Rome is where the value lies.
- Benfica have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 8 matches (UEFA Europa League).
- Benfica have seen over 3.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches (UEFA Europa League).
- Arsenal have won their last 6 matches (UEFA Europa League).
- Arsenal have won by 2+ goals in their last 5 matches (UEFA Europa League).
- Arsenal have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 6 matches (UEFA Europa League).
- Arsenal have seen over 4.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (UEFA Europa League).
Head to Head
Benfica and Arsenal have two previous meetings in competitive matches to draw comparisons from, with both ending 1-1.
The pair of matches took place in the 1991/92 European Champion Clubs' Cup. Benfica advanced in extra time of the second leg.
The sides have met in three friendlies since 2011, with Arsenal winning two and Benfica one.
Benfica are currently 11 points behind Sporting CP in the Portuguese Primeira Liga. The Eagles have hit a blip of late, winning just 3 of their last 9 games in all competitions.
Jorge Jesus’ team won 2-0 at home against struggling Famalicao before a 3-1 win at second division club Estoril in the Portuguese Cup.
Benfica’s last clash was a 1-1 draw at Moreirense. Haris Seferovic scored for Benfica.
Benfica Injuries & Team News
Benfica have recovered from a recent corona virus outbreak.
Centre back Jardel and right back André Almeida remain out injured.
Attacking midfielder Pizzi and forward Gian-Luca Waldschmidt came off the bench against Moreirense and should start here.
Expect goalkeeper Odysseas Vlachodimos to return to the starting side.
Arsenal are struggling in 10th spot in the English Premier League. The Gunners drew 0-0 against Manchester United before two straight losses continued their inconsistent form.
Mikel Arteta’s charges went down 2-1 at Wolves. David Luiz and Bernd Leno were both sent off. The Gunners then lost 1-0 at Aston Villa, conceding in just the 2nd minute of the match.
Arsenal’s last fixture was a 4-2 home victory over Leeds United. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang returned and grabbed a stunning hat-trick. Defender Hector Bellerin also found the back of the net.
Arsenal Injuries & Team News
Arsenal left back and defensive midfielder Thomas Partey are unlikely to recover from injury in time to face Benfica.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang picked up a knock against Leeds but should start here after his hat-trick on Sunday.
Benfica vs Arsenal Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Benfica vs Arsenal live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Benfica vs Arsenal live stream.
Arsenal won every match in the Europa League group stage, the last five by 2+ goals. The Gunners have the quality to defeat a Benfica side that struggles against the best in Europe.
Best Bet: Over 2.5 Goals Total Goals @1.80 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Arsenal Win Full Time Result @2.42 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 3 Units
Value Bet: Arsenal Win & Over 2.5 Win & Total Goals @3.60 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Arsenal Win 3-1 Correct Score @19.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit