- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
- Tuesday 25
- Wednesday 26
- Thursday 27
Villarreal vs Arsenal Predictions & Tips - Moreno to give Gunners the blues
- Villarreal vs Arsenal predictions for Thursday’s UEFA Europa League clash
- The semi-final 1st leg is being played at 9pm SAST at Estadio de la Cerámica
- Villarreal have won 11 of their last 12 Europa League ties
- I'm tipping Villarreal to win and Gerard Moreno to find the back of the net
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Villarreal vs Arsenal
Villarreal vs Arsenal Predictions
Villarreal are tipped to defeat Arsenal in the UEFA Europe League. Gerard Moreno is in sensational form and can continue scoring against the Gunners in Spain on Thursday night.
- Villarreal have won 11 of their last 12 matches (UEFA Europa League).
- Villarreal have won to nil in 6 of their last 8 matches (UEFA Europa League).
- Villarreal have won 8 of their last 11 matches (all competitions).
- Villarreal’s Gerard Moreno has scored 21 goals in his last 24 matches for club and country (all competitions).
- Arsenal have seen BTTS No in 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Arsenal have a 2-0 advantage against Villarreal with 2 draws in 4 matches
These clubs last met in the 2008/09 Champions League quarter-finals. The first leg in Spain ended in a 1-1 draw before Arsenal won 3-0 in London.
Villarreal have won eight of their last 11 matches in all competitions and 11 of their last 12 in the Europa League.
The Yellow Submarine got past Dinamo Zagreb in the quarter-finals, winning 1-0 in Croatia and 2-1 in Spain.
Unai Emery’s side returned to La Liga with a 5-1 win at Levante. Villarreal couldn’t follow it up and have lost their last two games, slipping to 7th in La Liga.
Villarreal lost 2-1 at Deportivo Alaves and 2-1 at home against Barcelona on Sunday. Samuel Chukwueze opened the scoring but they fell behind and couldn’t come back after Manu Trigueros was sent off in the 65th minute.
Villarreal Injuries & Team News
Midfielder Vicente Iborra is injured.
Arsenal sit 10th in the Premier League after an inconsistent season.
The Gunners got past Slavia Prague in the Europa League quarter-finals, a 1-1 draw in London followed by a 3-0 win in Prague.
Mikel Arteta’s side returned to the Premier League with a 1-1 draw at home against Fulham. Eddie Nketiah scored a 95th minute equaliser in a match where they had 70% possession and 18-3 shots.
Arsenal’s last match was a 1-0 home defeat against Everton. Bernd Leno produced a howler 14 minutes from time to gift Everton the win.
Arsenal Injuries & Team News
Arsenal centre back David Luiz and left back Kieran Tierney are injured.
Strikers Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette are both injured which is a huge loss for the Gunners. Both players have combined to score 31 goals this season.
Villarreal have been tough to get the better of in the UEFA Europa League this season, with Gerard Moreno in brilliant form. The Spanish outfit can outclass Arsenal, who are missing their two top strikers for the trip to Spain.
Best Bets: Villarreal Win Full Time Result @2.50 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Best Bets: Gerard Moreno Anytime Goalscorer @2.62 at Caesars (Sport) - 3 Units
First Goalscorer Tip: Gerard Moreno First Goalscorer @6.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit