- Friday 17
- Saturday 18
- Sunday 19
- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
Sweden vs Slovakia Predictions & Tips - Close match expected in Russia
- Sweden vs Slovakia predictions for Friday’s Euro 2020 encounter
- The Group E match is being played at 3pm SAST at Saint-Petersburg Stadium
- Sweden have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 meetings with Slovakia
- I'm backing under 2.5 goals and a draw for the clash in Russia
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Sweden vs Slovakia
Sweden vs Slovakia Predictions
Slovakia know a draw will earn them a spot in the knockout stages of EURO 2020, meaning this should be a low-scoring affair in Saint-Petersburg. I'm tipping under 2.5 goals and a draw on Friday..
- Sweden are undefeated in their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Sweden have won 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Sweden have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches (European Championship).
- Sweden have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches against Slovakia (all competitions).
- Slovakia have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches against Sweden (all competitions).
- Slovakia are undefeated in their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Slovakia have drawn 4 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Slovakia have seen under 2.5 goals in 9 of their last 13 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Sweden have a 3-0 advantage against Slovakia with three draws in six matches.
Sweden won five straight matches before the European Championship. All of their wins came against average opposition.
The Scandinavians won their opening two World Cup Qualifiers. They beat Georgia 1-0 before a 3-0 win in Kosovo.
Janne Andersson’s side then won all three international friendlies, beating Estonia 1-0, Finland 2-0 and Armenia 3-1.
Sweden started Euro 2020 with a 0-0 draw against Spain in Sevilla. They had just 15% possession with goalkeeper Robin Olsen man of the match.
Sweden Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: Robin Olsen, Karl-Johan Johnsson, Kristoffer Nordfeldt
Defenders: Mikael Lustig, Victor Lindelöf, Andreas Granqvist (captain), Pierre Bengtsson, Ludwig Augustinsson, Filip Helander, Emil Krafth, Pontus Jansson, Marcus Danielson
Midfielders: Sebastian Larsson (vice captain), Albin Ekdal, Emil Forsberg, Gustav Svensson, Ken Sema, Viktor Claesson, Mattias Svanberg, Kristoffer Olsson, Dejan Kulusevski, Jens Cajuste
Forwards: Marcus Berg, Alexander Isak, Robin Quaison, Jordan Larsson
AIK duo Mikael Lustig and Sebastian Larsson provide experience with a combined 221 caps.
Janne Andersson could make some changes with his side doing a lot of chasing the ball against Spain.
Slovakia are undefeated in their last six matches with four draws and two wins.
The Falcons drew their opening World Cup qualifiers 0-0 in Cyprus and 2-2 against Malta before a 2-1 home win against Russia.
Stefan Tarkovic’s side played two friendlies before the European Championship, a 1-1 draw against Bulgaria followed by a 0-0 draw against Austria.
Slovakia got off to a great start at Euro 2020. The beat Poland 2-1, taking the lead through an own goal before Marek Hamsik assisted Milan Skriniar for the winning goal after Poland had been reduced to 10 men.
Slovakia Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: Martin Dúbravka, Dušan Kuciak, Marek Rodák
Defenders: Peter Pekarík, Tomáš Hubočan, Milan Škriniar, Dávid Hancko, Ľubomír Šatka, Denis Vavro, Martin Valjent, Martin Koscelník
Midfielders: Marek Hamšík (captain), Juraj Kucka, Vladimír Weiss, Róbert Mak, Ondrej Duda, Patrik Hrošovský, Ján Greguš, Stanislav Lobotka, Lukáš Haraslín, László Bénes, Tomáš Suslov, Jakub Hromada
Forwards: Michal Ďuriš, Róbert Boženík, Ivan Schranz
Right back Peter Pekarík has earned 102 caps with midfielder and captain Marek Hamšík on 127 caps and 26 goals.
Inter Milan central defender Milan Škriniar leads the way in defence and has also shown himself to be a valuable goalscorer.
Sweden vs Slovakia Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Sweden vs Slovakia live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Sweden vs Slovakia live stream.
Slovakia will be determined to make this a tough match for Sweden. I'm tipping under 2.5 goals and a draw in Russia on Friday.
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @1.62 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @3.50 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @7.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit