- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid Predictions & Tips - Messi backed to score in against title rivals
- Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid predictions for Saturday's La Liga match
- The match is being played at the Nou Camp (3.15pm BST)
- Two points separate the title rivals in La Liga
- Barcelona have seen BTTS in their last 4 matches which is tipped again
- Match preview, predictions and latest team news
Lionel Messi is tipped to score again (Getty Images)
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid Predictions
Barcelona have not struggled in front of goal this season but do come up against the best defence in the league in this match. Barcelona cannot afford to lose this if they hope to claim the title while Atletico will be happy to settle for a point.
These two have seen over 3.5 goals in their last two encounters against each other.
- Barcelona have won 16 of their last 19 matches (La Liga).
- Barcelona have seen BTTS in their last 4 matches (La Liga).
- Barcelona have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches (La Liga).
- Barcelona have seen over 3.5 goals in 3 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Barcelona's Lionel Messi has scored 7 goals in his last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Atletico Madrid have seen over 3.5 goals in their last 2 away matches at Barcelona (all competitions).
- Atletico Madrid have scored 2+ goals in their last 2 trips to the Nou Camp (all competitions).
Head to Head
Barcelona hold a 5-2 head to head record over the last 12 meetings between the sides, with five draws in that time.
Atletico Madrid's two wins have come in the last three matches. They are unbeaten in that time with a 3-2 win and 2-2 draw at Barcelona last season followed by a 1-0 win at home this season.
Barcelona slipped up in the La Liga title race when losing 2-1 at home to Granada in a major upset.
Lionel Messi put Barca in front, but second-half goals from Darwin Machis and Jorge Molina - coupled with the sending off of coach Ronald Koeman - made it a day to forget.
They bounced back last weekend with a 3-2 victory away to Valencia thanks to a Lionel Messi double and Antoine Griezmann goal.
The victory kept Barcelona level on points with Real Madrid and two points adrift of Atletico at the top of La Liga.
Barcelona Team News
Barcelona are still without midfielder Philippe Coutinho and forwards Ansu Fati and Martin Braithwaite through injury.
Atletico Madrid Form
Atletico Madrid have dropped points in three of their last six matches in La Liga, but they still hold a two point advantage in the title race.
Having lost 2-1 at Athletic Bilbao when conceding a late Inigo Martinez winner, Diego Simeone's side got back to winning ways last weekend.
Marcos Llorente got the only goal of the game in the first-half for a 1-0 win.
Atletico had fortune on their side, however, after Fidel hit the post with an injury time penalty for Elche.
Atletico Madrid Team News
Defender Renan Lodi missed the win over Elche and is unavailable again.
Atletico will make a late decision on the fitness of defender Jose Gimenez.
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid FAQs
Where can I watch the Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid live stream.
Lionel Messi is in red hot goalscoring form and is tipped for more of the same in the potential title decider. With Barcelona free-scoring at present, over 3.5 and both teams to score are value.
Best Bet: BTTS Yes Both Teams To Score @1.80 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Over 3.5 Goals Alternative Total Goals @3.20 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit
Anytime Goalscorer Tip: Lionel Messi Anytime Goalscorer @1.90 at Unibet - 3 Units
First Goalscorer Tip: Lionel Messi First Goalscorer @4.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit