- Friday 17
- Saturday 18
- Sunday 19
- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
Nigeria vs Cameroon Predictions & Tips - West African rivals to play out draw in tight affair
- Nigeria vs Cameroon Predictions for Tuesday’s international friendly
- Match is being played at 13:00 GMT at Wiener Neustädter Stadium
- Nigeria have drawn 3 of their last 6 matches
- A draw is tipped in Austria
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Nigeria vs Cameroon
Draw predicted between African giants (Getty Images)
Nigeria vs Cameroon Predictions
Nigeria have a fine record against Cameroon and were unfortunate to lose to them three days ago. Both sides have been a bit inconsistent of late and don’t tend to score many goals. I am tipping a low scoring match with a draw the top tip.
- Nigeria have drawn 3 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Nigeria have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Nigeria are unbeaten in 3 of their last 4 matches against Cameroon (all competitions).
- Cameroon have won 1 of their last 5 matches (1 draw)(all competitions).
- Cameroon have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Nigeria hold a 4-2 advantage across the previous seven meetings with Cameroon with one draw.
The sides met three days ago as Cameroon won 1-0 thanks to an André-Frank Anguissa goal.
Nigeria have just two wins in their last seven matches with three draws in the last six.
A 1-1 friendly draw with Tunisia was followed by 4-4 draw against Sierra Leone in an AFCON qualifier having led 4-0 and then a goalless drew away at the same opponents. Nigeria then won Benin 1-0 and Lesotho 3-0 in the CHAN tournament for domestically-based players.
Nigeria’s last match saw a 1-0 defeat to Cameroon in Austria. They had several good chances and arguably merited a draw.
Nigeria Injuries & Team News
Coach Gernor Rohr could hand a first start in Nigeria colours to forwards Abraham Marcus and Terem Moffi. Defender Valentine Ozornwafor is also hoping for a full debut.
William Troost-Ekong is expected to captain the side in defence with Kano Pillars forward Ahmed Musa on the bench.
Cameroon lost three matches in a row before a goalless draw and then a win against Nigeria in a friendly three days ago.
Consecutive defeats in the CHAN tournament for domestically-based players saw a 4-0 loss against Morocco and 2-0 defeat to Guinea, both in Cameroon. A 3-1 loss at Cape Verde followed in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier before a 0-0 draw against Rwanda.
In their last match, Cameroon faced Nigeria in Austria in a friendly and won 1-0 thanks to a third minute strike by Frank-Andre Anguissa.
Cameroon Injuries & Team News
Coach Antonio Conceicao is expected to play a similar side to that used in the last meeting with Nigeria.
One change could be seen in attack with Bayern Munich striker Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting likely to be handed a start.
Nigeria vs Cameroon FAQ
Where can I watch the Nigeria vs Cameroon live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Nigeria vs Cameroon live stream.