- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
Southampton vs Leicester Predictions & Tips - Iheanacho backed to score again
- Southampton vs Leicester predictions for Friday’s Premier League clash
- The fixture is being played at 9:00 pm SAST at St Mary’s
- Leicester have won their last three games across all competitions
- I'm backing Leicester to win and Kelechi Iheanacho to find the back of the net
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Southampton vs Leicester
Southampton vs Leicester Predictions
Southampton are really struggling at the moment, especially in the English Premier League. Leicester City are full of confidence and in-form forward Kelechi Iheanacho is leading their push for UEFA Champions League qualification. I'm backing Iheanacho to score again and Leicester to come away with the three points.
- Southampton have lost their last 3 matches (all competitions)
- Southampton have lost 12 of their last 15 matches (Premier League)
- Southampton have lost 4 of their last 6 home matches (Premier League)
- Southampton have lost 3 of their last 4 matches against Leicester (all competitions)
- Leicester have won their last 3 matches (all competitions)
- Leicester have won 6 of their last 8 matches (all competitions)
- Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 12 goals in his last 9 matches (all competitions)
Southampton have a 34-31 advantage against Leicester with 28 matches drawn.
Leicester beat the Saints 1-0 in their FA Cup semi-final two weeks ago. Iheanacho scored the winner in the second half.
Southampton lost 2-1 away at Tottenham last Wednesday, their third consecutive defeat in all competitions.
Danny Ings gave Southampton the lead in the first half. Gareth Bale equalised in the second period and Son Heung-Min scored the winner from the penalty spot in the 90th minute.
The result followed a 1-0 loss to Leicester in the FA Cup semi-final and a disappointing 3-0 defeat away at West Brom.
12 losses in 15 Premier League matches has seen the Saints plummet down the table in the second half of the season. They are nine points off the relegation places in 15th.
Southampton Injuries & Team News
Midfielder Nathan Tella will return to the squad.
Striker Danny Ings is doubtful with a thigh injury.
Defender Ryan Bertrand, forward Michael Obafemi and midfielders Oriol Romeu and William Smallbone are ruled out.
Leicester beat Crystal Palace 2-1 on Monday to extended their winning streak to three matches in all competitions.
Timothy Castagne and Kelechi Iheanacho scored in the second half to cancel out Palace’s opener. Leicester dominated with 66% possession and 13 shots.
The win followed a comprehensive 3-0 victory against West Brom in the Premier League and a 1-0 FA Cup semi-final win over Southampton. Iheanacho scored in both matches and has five goals in his last four in all competitions.
Brendan Rodgers’ side have won four of their last six Premier League matches, keeping them in 3rd place with a seven-point cushion in the Champions League places.
Leicester Injuries & Team News
Forward Harvey Barnes and defender James Justin are ruled out through injury.
Southampton vs Leicester Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Southampton vs Leicester live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Southampton vs Leicester live stream.
Southampton are on a poor run of form, while Leicester City are flying towards a UEFA Champions League spot. I'm tipping the Foxes to win the match, with Iheanacho scoring again.
Best Bet: Leicester Win Full Time Result @2.15 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Kelechi Iheanacho Anytime Goalscorer @2.40 at Caesars (Sport) - 2 Units
First Goalscorer Tip: Kelechi Iheanacho First Goalscorer @5.20 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Leicester Win 2-1 Correct Score @9.50 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit