- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
- Tuesday 25
- Wednesday 26
- Thursday 27
TS Galaxy vs Cape Town City Predictions & Tips - City to continue away day troubles with draw at Galaxy
- TS Galaxy vs Cape Town City Predictions for Saturday’s Premier Soccer League match
- Match is being played at 13:00 GMT at Mbombela Stadium
- City have drawn 2 of their last 3 away matches
- Both sides have had to travel with just two rest days since playing
- A draw is tipped in Mbombela
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for TS Galaxy vs Cape Town City
Cape Town City can get a point on the road (Getty Images)
TS Galaxy vs Cape Town City Predictions
TS Galaxy stopped the rot of four successive defeats with a good away win last time out. They are struggling to score goals but are a solid side defensively.
Cape Town City have been playing well but are poor travellers and were thrashed 5-1 in their last match. I am tipping these sides to play out a draw which suits them both.
- TS Galaxy have won 3 of their last 5 home matches (2 losses) (Premier Soccer League).
- TS Galaxy have scored just 3 goals combined in their last 5 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Cape Town City have won 1 of their last 7 away matches (all competitions).
- Cape Town City have drawn 2 of their last 3 away matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Cape Town City have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 7 away matches (Premier Soccer League).
Head to Head
These sides have only met on one previous occasion as Cape Town City won 3-2 at home in December. They trailed 2-1 in that match before a strong comeback.
TS Galaxy Form
TS Galaxy looked set for relegation before appointing coach Owen Da Gama, who oversaw an eight match unbeaten run and took the side to the brink of safety. The team then lost four consecutive matches before victory took them up to eighth in the table.
After a 3-0 of thrashing Black Leopards, Galaxy lost to 2-0 to Maritzburg United and 2-1 at Bloemfontein Celtic. A poor 2-0 home loss to TTM followed before losing 2-1 at AmaZulu with a late consolation goal.
In their last match, TS Galaxy looked very solid and won 1-0 at Baroka thanks to a goal by left wingback Ebrahim Seedat.
TS Galaxy Injuries & Team News
Coach Owen Da Gama recalled many of the players he had dropped for the AmaZulu defeat last time out. A 3-5-2 formation was used with Luckyboy Mokoena getting a rare start at right wingback.
Galaxy have a doubt over veteran centre back Bevan Fransman after he limped off injured against Baroka. Pogiso Sanoka could take his place in the back three.
Cape Town City Form
After an eight match winless run, City won three PSL matches in a row as they looked back to their best. They were then thrashed in their last match and they sit seventh in the table with the league’s best attack but second worst defence.
After a poor run that saw five draws and three defeats, City beat SuperSport United 3-0. A fortunate 2-1 win at Kaizer Chiefs was next before beating TTM 3-0 having faced ten men for 63 minutes.
Their last match saw a 5-1 home thrashing by AmaZulu as they trailed 4-0 after 66 minutes before finishing the match strongly. Fagrie Lakay scored the goal.
Cape Town City Injuries & Team News
City were without midfielder Thato Mokeke against AmaZulu due to injury. He is not expected to be fit to return for this match which is a major blow.
Winger Bradley Ralani had to be taken off with a knock last time out so Aubrey Ngoma could replace. Mduduzi Mdantsane is set to be recalled in midfield.
TS Galaxy vs Cape Town City Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the TS Galaxy vs Cape Town City live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the TS Galaxy vs Cape Town City live stream.