- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
- Wednesday 3
- Thursday 4
- Friday 5
- Saturday 6
Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba Predictions & Tips - Draw tipped between struggling Chiefs and in-form Simba
- Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba Predictions for Saturday’s CAF Champions League quarter final
- Match is being played at 16:00 GMT at FNB Stadium
- Chiefs have drawn 5 of their last 9 matches
- Simba have lost 1 of their last 18 matches
- A draw is tipped in Soweto
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba
Chiefs to draw at home (Getty Images)
Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba Predictions
Chiefs are in very poor form in the league but have been solid defensively at home in the CAF Champions League. Simba are in outstanding form and know that a draw is a great first leg result considering their fearsome record in Tanzania. I am tipping a tight match and a draw.
- Kaizer Chiefs have drawn 5 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Kaizer Chiefs have drawn 3 of their last 5 home matches (CAF Champions League).
- Kaizer Chiefs have seen BTTS Yes in 12 of their last 13 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Simba have lost 1 of their last 18 matches (14 wins, 3 draws)(all competitions).
- Simba have drawn 1 of their last 2 away matches (CAF Champions League).
Head to Head
This is the first ever meeting between the sides.
Kaizer Chiefs Form
Chiefs sit in 10th place in the PSL table as they find themselves closer to the relegation zone than to the top seven after on win in nine matches in all competitions. They reached this stage after finishing second in their CAF Champions League group after a 2-2 draw at Horoya in their final match.
After losing 2-1 to Cape Town City, Chiefs beat Mamelodi Sundowns with two goals quick goals to turn 1-0 down into a 2-1 win. A 1-0 to Chippa United followed before drawing 2-2 at Bloemfontein Celtic and losing 2-1 at TTM.
In their last match, Chiefs drew 1-1 with Swallows after being 1-0 down. Leonardo Castro scored the goal.
Kaizer Chiefs Injuries & Team News
Chiefs remain without top forward Khama Billiat due to injury and Samir Nurkovic is struggling for form and may be on the bench.
Itumeleng Khune has an arm injury in goal so Daniel Akpeyi should start. Erick Mathoho is doubtful in defence but Njabulo Blom returns from suspension to start in midfield.
Simba come into this match with just one win in their last 18 matches in all competitions as they topped their CAF Champions League group and sit first in the Tanzanian Premier League. They reached this stage after finishing first in a group that contained holder Al Ahly as they beat them 1-0 at home.
After a 1-0 loss at Al Ahly in a dead rubber group stage match, Simba have won five league matches in a row with only one goal conceded. Their last two matches saw a 1-0 win at Gwambina and a 3-1 home victory against Dodoma Jiji some 16 days ago.
Simba Injuries & Team News
Simba have a full squad to choose from.
The big question for coach Didier Gomes is whether to play an attacking 4-2-3-1 with Clatous Chama as number ten or a more defensive 4-3-3 with Chama and Luis Misquionne in wide areas.
Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba live stream.