- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
- Tuesday 25
- Wednesday 26
- Thursday 27
Al Ahly Benghazi vs Orlando Pirates Predictions & Tips - Al Ahly backed to retain unbeaten home record with draw
- Al Ahly Benghazi vs Orlando Pirates Predictions for Sunday’s CAF Confederations Cup match
- Match is being played at 19:00 GMT at Martyrs of February Stadium
- Al Ahly Benghazi are 22 home matches unbeaten
- The hosts are playing a CAF match in home country Libya for the first time in 10 years
- A draw is tipped in Benghazi
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Al Ahly Benghazi vs Orlando Pirates
Orlando Pirates can get a draw in Libya (Getty Images)
Al Ahly Benghazi vs Orlando Pirates Predictions
Al Ahly Benghazi will play their first home continental match in Libya for a decade having had to play most recent matches in Egypt for security seasons. They are very difficult to beat at home and tend to keep things very tight.
Pirates are in great form with one defeat in their last 11 matches thanks to a solid defence. I am tipping a low scoring draw.
- Al Ahly Benghazi are 22 home matches unbeaten (16 wins, 6 draws)(all competitions).
- Al Ahly Benghazi have seen under 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Orlando Pirates have won 8 of their last 11 matches (all competitions).
- Orlando Pirates have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 11 matches (all competitions).
- Orlando Pirates have seen under 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 11 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
These two sides have never met before.
Al Ahly Benghazi Form
Al Ahly Benghazi started their CAF Confederations Cup group stage on a slow note as they lost 2-1 away to Enyimba. A 1-0 home victory over ES Setif followed which puts the team one point behind Pirates in the group.
In the Libyan Premier League, the side have won all three of their matches. A 2-1 home win over Al Hilal preceded a 2-0 victory at home against Al Sadaqa.
Their last league match prior to the starting their continental campaign was a 4-0 triumph away at Al-Anwar.
Al Ahly Benghazi Injuries & Team News
Murad Al Wuheeshi is expected to keep his place in goal having come into the side against ES Setif and giving a solid display with a clean sheet.
Coach Dejan Arsov made five changes between the defeat to Enyimba and the victory over ES Setif and is expected to keep the same XI from that win. Jibreel Alwadawi scored the winner in the last match and will lead the attack.
Orlando Pirates Form
Pirates’ CAF Confederations Cup group stage thus far has seen a a 0-0 draw with ES Setif away from home in neutral Ghana and a 2-1 home win over Enyimba. Bucs sit in fourth place in the PSL table and have won eight of their last 11 matches in all competitions.
Pirates beat Bloemfontein Celtic 1-0 at home and won 3-0 away at Chippa United before their 0-0 away draw at ES Setif. The 2-1 home win against Enyimba came next.
In their last match, Pirates saw their 10-match unbeaten run come to an end after a surprise 1-0 loss away against struggling Kaizer Chiefs.
Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
Pirates will hope to Happy Jele and Siphesihle Ndlovu fit to play in defence after the pair missed the last two matches with injury.
Thembinkosi Lorch is nearing a return and could play some part on the wing whilst fit-again strikers in Gabadinho Mhango and Tshegofatso Mabasa will hope to be in the starting XI.
The odds of this fixture have yet to be released. We will update you as soon as they become available.
Al Ahly Benghazi vs Orlando Pirates Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Al Ahly Benghazi vs Orlando Pirates live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Al Ahly Benghazi vs Orlando Pirates live stream.