- Wednesday 3
- Thursday 4
- Friday 5
- Saturday 6
- Sunday 7
- Monday 8
- Tuesday 9
- Wednesday 10
- Thursday 11
- Friday 12
- Saturday 13
Mamelodi Sundowns vs Stellenbosch Predictions & Tips - Hosts to continue unbeaten run to progress in Nedbank Cup
- Mamelodi Sundowns vs Stellenbosch predictions for Wednesday’s Nedbank Cup match
- Match is being played at 15:00 GMT at Loftus Stadium
- Sundowns have won all of their 6 previous matches against Stellenbosch
- Stellenbosch have lost 2 of their last 3 matches
- A Sundowns win is my tip in Tshwane
- Best bets, betting tips and predictions for Mamelodi Sundowns vs Stellenbosch
Sundowns can progress in Nedbank Cup (Getty Images)
Mamelodi Sundowns vs Stellenbosch Predictions
Sundowns are in good form, have an impeccable record against Stellenbosch and face a side not playing to their full potential right now. I am backing a home win.
- Mamelodi Sundowns have won 6 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Mamelodi Sundowns have seen BTTS no in 4 of their last 6 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Stellenbosch have lost 2 of their last 3 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Stellenbosch have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 6 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Stellenbosch have lost their last 6 matches against Sundowns (all competitions).
- Stellenbosch have scored 1 goal in their last 6 matches against Sundowns (all competitions).
Head to Head
Mamelodi Sundowns hold an 6-0 advantage over six matches played against Stellenbosch with no draws.
Their last meeting was in November as Sundowns won 3-0 at home. Peter Shalulile, Kermit Erasmus and Themba Zwane scored the goals.
Mamelodi Sundowns Form
Since losing their first match of this season, Sundowns have gone 17 matches unbeaten. They sit 1st in the Premier Soccer League table and have the best defensive record in the division.
In their last five matches, Mamelodi Sundowns have struggled to break down deep defensive units. They drew 0-0 away at SuperSport United and then 0-0 at home with Bloemfontein Celtic. That was followed by a 1-1 draw against Swallows after a last minute goal conceded.
Sundowns then won 2-1 at Black Leopards despite playing with ten men for 30 minutes before a comfortable 2-0 win against Chippa United in their last match.
Mamelodi Sundowns Injuries & Team News
Sundowns may rotate the side slightly in the Nedbank Cup but a very strong lineup is expected. Thapelo Morena is expected to be missing at right back so midfield Lebohang Maboe could deputise. At centre back, new signing Rushine De Reuck is in line for his debut.
Kermit Erasmus could be given a rest up front with Gift Motupa pushing to make his first start for the club.
Since starting 2021 with home win against TTM, Stellenbosch have gone off the boil a bit. They drew 1-1 at home to Black Leopards and then 1-1 away to Bloemfontein Celtic. They then lost 3-2 at home to a struggling Baroka side having been 3-0 down at one stage.
That was followed by a credible 1-1 home draw with Kaizer Chiefs. In their last match, Stellenbosch lost 2-1 away to AmaZulu. Marc Van Heerden put the side 1-0 up before their opponents scored twice in four minutes.
Stellenbosch Injuries & Team News
Stellenbosch have some injury worries to deal with in midfield. Nathan Sinkala and Junior Mendieta missed the last match in central midfield so youngster Jayden Adams could get another start.
On the flank, Solly Khunyedi is nearing a return from a hamstring complaint but this game may come too soon. Second choice goalkeeper Sage Stephens could play in the cup matches.
Mamelodi Sundowns vs Stellenbosch Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Mamelodi Sundowns vs Stellenbosch live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Mamelodi Sundowns vs Stellenbosch live stream.
Sundowns are in flying form and are defensively very adept. Stellenbosch are not a risk taking side so goals for them are few and far between. Sundowns are tipped to win to nil.
Best Bet: Sundowns Win to Nil Win To Nil @3.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Correct Score Tip: Sundowns Win 2-0 Correct Score @11.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 1 Unit