Cape Town City vs Moroka Swallows Predictions - Hosts to cruise past freefalling Birds
- Cape Town City vs Moroka Swallows Predictions for Tuesday’s PSL match (19:30 SAST)
- City have won 7 of their last 9 DSTV Premiership matches
- Can the beleaguered Birds pull of a miracle despite releasing 23 players?
Cape Town City to make it eight wins from 10 league fixtures vs Moroka Swallows (Getty Images).
Cape Town City vs Moroka Swallows Predictions
City ended 2023 in great form and are very strong at home. They face a Swallows side in crisis with barely a full playing squad or a head coach. I can only see a victory for Cape Town City to zero here.
- Cape Town City vs Moroka Swallows Predictions
- Head to Head
- Cape Town City Form & Team News
- Cape Town City Predicted Lineup
- Moroka Swallows Form & Team News
- Moroka Swallows Predicted Lineup
- Cape Town City have won 7 of their last 9 PSL matches.
- Cape Town City have won to zero in their last 2 matches vs Moroka Swallows.
- Moroka Swallows have lost 3 of their last 4 matches (excluding forfeits).
- Moroka Swallows have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
Head to Head
Cape Town City hold a 4-2 advantage over Swallows with three draws in nine meetings.
City have won to nil in the last two clashes including 1-0 away in August.
Cape Town City Form & Team News
City ended 2023 in great form with seven wins from nine league matches. They sit second in the PSL table.
A 1-0 win at Golden Arrows in late November made it six successive league wins. A 1-0 defeat at Stellenbosch followed in the derby.
After a hard-fought 0-0 home draw vs Mamelodi Sundowns, City won 2-0 at Cape Town Spurs.
Key striker Khanyisa Mayo is back from suspension. Veteran midfielder Thato Mokeke has been released.
Attacking midfielder Juan Camilo Zapata departed the club in the January transfer window.
Cape Town City Predicted Lineup
Keet; Cupido, Gordinho, Van Heerden; Rhodes, Nodada, Ambina, Gonzalez; Goedeman, Kutumela; Mayo.
Moroka Swallows Form & Team News
Swallows have taken just one point from their last five matches. They sit 11th in the PSL table.
A 2-1 home loss to SuperSport United preceded a 0-0 draw at Royal. Moroka Swallows forfeited the last two fixtures as their players went on strike over unpaid salaries.
The Birds saw 3-0 defeats handed down for not honouring matches vs Mamelodi Sundowns and Golden Arrows.
Swallows have released 20+ players due to financial problems. Midfielders Ntsako Makhubela and Lindokuhle Mtshali are two key man who have gone.
Striker Tshegofatso Mabasa and left back Bongani Sam have had their loans from Orlando Pirates cut short. Defender Keagan Allan has moved to SuperSport United.
Moroka Swallows Predicted Lineup
More information on the expected starting XI will be updated in due course.
I'm backing Cape Town City to win and to win to zero as my value bet. Swallows look a mess right now.
R50 + 25 free spins
use promo code NEWBONUS
18+. T&Cs apply.
with bonus code NEWBONUS
18+ only. T&Cs apply. New customers only. Email must be verified prior to participation. Min deposit R50. Max bonus amount R5000. Exclusive offer when you use the bet.co.za promo code NEWBONUS.
Top Betting Sites
25 February 2024
- Chelsea v Liverpool -
- France v Italy -
- Rugby Union
- Kaizer Chiefs vs Milford -
- Sekhukhune United vs RSB Berkane -
26 February 2024
- Fortune Barishal vs Chattogram Challengers - Twenty20 -
- Rangpur Riders vs Comilla Victorians - Twenty20 -
- Girona v Rayo Vallecano -