- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
Orlando Pirates vs Mamelodi Sundowns Predictions & Tips - Formidable Downs to beat Bucs once again
- Orlando Pirates vs Mamelodi Sundowns Predictions for Saturday’s Premier Soccer League match
- Match is being played at 13:00 GMT at Orlando Stadium
- Sundowns have won 9 of their last 11 PSL matches
- An away win is tipped in Soweto
- Betting tips, predictions and team news for Orlando Pirates vs Mamelodi Sundowns
Sundowns backed to win (Getty Images)
Orlando Pirates vs Mamelodi Sundowns Predictions
Pirates are in improved form but were outclassed by Sundowns on three occasions last season. I am tipping Downs’ impenetrable defence to secure them a win on the road.
- Orlando Pirates vs Mamelodi Sundowns Predictions
- Head to Head
- Orlando Pirates Form
- Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
- Mamelodi Sundowns Form
- Mamelodi Sundowns Injuries & Team News
- Orlando Pirates have seen under 1.5 goals in 3 of their last 5 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Orlando Pirates have lost their last 3 matches against Mamelodi Sundowns (all competitions).
- Mamelodi Sundowns have won 9 of their last 11 matches (2 draws) (Premier Soccer League).
- Mamelodi Sundowns have kept 11 clean sheets in their last 12 matches (Premier Soccer League).
Head to Head
Mamelodi Sundowns hold a 16-14 advantage after 40 meetings with 11 draws against Orlando Pirates.
Their last meeting was in May as Sundowns won 3-0 at Pirates.
Orlando Pirates Form
After losing their first match of this season, coach Josef Zinnbauer was sacked. Co-caretaker coaches Fadlu Davids and Mandla Ncikazi have overseen a four match unbeaten run.
A credible 2-2 draw with Stellenbosch with ten men saw the side twice come from losing positions. A dull 0-0 draw at Marumo Gallants followed before a late goal brought a 1-0 victory against Swallows.
Their last match saw the side come back from 1-0 down at Chippa United to win 3-1. Tshegofatso Mabasa, Abel Mabaso and Goodman Mosele scored the goals.
Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
Pirates are set to be without striker Zakhele Lepasa and goalkeeper Richard Ofori due to injury.
Star attacking midfielder Thembinkosi Lorch is out injured long-term. Deon Hotto should be recalled down the wing in place of Kabelo Dlamini.
Mamelodi Sundowns Form
Sundowns are in imperious form with 24 clean sheets in their last 35 PSL matches and just one defeat. A 0-0 draw with ultra-defensive Chippa United saw them limit their opponents to no shots.
A 1-1 draw in the MTN8 cup came next as Sundowns mustered 2.0 xG more than their opponents. That was followed by winning 2-0 against Kaizer Chiefs.
Their last match saw a 3-0 win against TS Galaxy after going into half-time at 0-0. Mosa Lebusa, Peter Shalulile and Thabiso Kutumela scored the goals.
Mamelodi Sundowns Injuries & Team News
Sundowns have injury doubts over right backs Khuliso Mudau and Thapelo Morena so Grant Kekana could play in that role.
Midfielders Mothobi Mvala and Lebohang Maboe are both out injured. Kermit Erasmus could start up front once again.
Sundowns have a formidable defence and I am tipping them to make it four wins in a row against Pirates.
Best Bet: Sundowns Win Full Time Result $1.75 at Bookmaker - 4 Units
Value Bet: Sundowns Win to Nil Win To Nil $2.80 at Betstar Australia - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Sundowns Win 1-0 Correct Score $6.00 at Neds - 1 Unit